What CSI codes does AEC handle?
- 06 06 60: Plastic Fabrications – Acrylic Panels Systems
- 09 54 43: Acoustical Ceilings – Stretched Fabric Ceiling Systems
- 09 72 00: Wall Coverings – Felt, Cork
- 09 77 13: Stretched Fabric Wall Systems
- 09 77 23: Fabric Wrapped Panels
- 09 83 22: Acoustical Drapery
- 09 84 13: Fixed Sound Absorptive Panels
- 09 84 14: Acoustic Stretched-Fabric Wall System
- 09 84 16: Fixed Sound-Reflective Panels
- 09 84 33: Sound-Absorbing Wall Units:
- 09 84 36: Sound-Absorbing Ceiling Units
- 10 11 00: Visual Display Units – Markerboards
- 10 22 23: Screens and Panels
- 12 21 00: Window Blinds
- 12 22 00: Curtains and Drapes
- 12 24 00: Window Shades
- 12 25 00: Window Treatment Operating Hardware
- 12 52 19: Upholstered Seating
What is the AEC TrackSystem?
The AEC TrackSystem is a site-fabricated stretched fabric system. There are 3 basic components:
- Polymer Track – the track is attached to a wall or ceiling substrate with many different depth and profile options.
- Core – the core options can be acoustical, non-acoustical, tackable, magnetic, or a combination of these.
- Face Material – a variety of materials can be used with in the AEC TrackSystem from acoustical panel fabrics, vinyls and leathers; however, there are some materials that will not work well with track systems. Take a look at the next question for more information on this topic.
What fabrics should be used with AEC TrackSystem?
Many fabrics work fine with the track system. Look for fabrics that are acoustically transparent or neutral (usually labeled by the fabric vendor as an acoustical panel fabric). But watch out for some that don’t. Fabrics that contain rayon, linen, silk, nylon are NOT SUITABLE due to the fabric instability which can cause it to expand and contract on vertical surfaces. Fabrics with a paper or acrylic backing will not be suitable for an acoustical application. Also, make sure the fabric is fire-rated for a non-attached vertical or horizontal application.
Okay, what are your panel sizes?
The site-fabricated system is only limited by the width of the face material you select. Just give us 2” on each side for tucking the material. The panels can be vertical, horizontal, odd shapes, or even circles. What can you dream up?
Where do I use AEC TrackSystem?
The beauty of using a stretched fabric system is for the great acoustical benefits, however the system can do much much more.
- Feature walls with leather/vinyl/fabric
- Conference/Board Rooms
- Training Rooms
- Huddle/Team Rooms
- Lecture Halls
- Break Rooms
- Telephone Rooms
- Reception Areas
- Waiting Rooms
- Music and Sound Productions
- Home Theaters
- Church Sanctuaries
- Music Rooms
- Anywhere Acoustic Absorption/Control is needed
- On and on and on
- Well, you hear what we’re saying…
What else do you do?
AEC are masters at:
- Stretched Fabric Wall and Ceiling Systems
- Glass Marker Boards
- Felt applications
- Master-minding the unique and complicated architectural features and whatever else you can throw our way…
Give us a call, we love a challenge.